Re: draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-03.txt

Hi,

Three points:

1. Teredo Client definition
  The current definition "A node that has some access to the IPv4 Internet
and wants to gain access to the IPv6 Internet" is IMHO much too large.
  It could advantageously be become something like:
  "A node that has some access to the IPv4 Internet via an IPv4-only node
where NAT is operational, and that wants to gain access to the IPv6
Internet"

 2. NAT definition
  The document neither includes a definition of NATs, nor refers to a
document which does it.
  It would help if the scope of NATs considered in the document would be
concisely delimited, e.g. with a definition like:  "NATs referred to in this
document are IPv4-only mechanisms which, at least for some restricted
applications, provide access to the IPv4 global address space from some IPv4
private address spaces. They use for this stateful translation of addresses
and possibly of port numbers ."

 3. Page numbers.
  In the table of contents page numbers exceed by 1 the appropriate values.
Fixing it would improve the document.

Rémi
(These points were made in a mail already answered by Eric Klein but, sent
from an unregistered address, didn't appear in  the mailin list.)