Re:Interest to have as an WG item: draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels-03.txt

Hi Jonne,

I'm ok with this document being accepted as WG item.

I will suggest a couple of changes:

1) There are several mentions to 6-over-4 and IPv6-over-IPv4 or similar
(including the document title !), which should be 6-in-4/IPv6-in-IPv4, to
avoid confusion between 6in4 and 6over4.

2) A minor one, there are several places in the document where all-upper
case is used for referring to both IPv4 and IPv6. I think it will be better
to use the normal casing (IPv4 and IPv6 instead of IPV4 and IPV6), specially
to be consistent across all the document.

A more substantial comment, not negative to this document, but the WG
process itself, which is demonstrated by your question to the WG on getting
this document accepted as WG item. Is once more very funny and unfair that
getting a document as WG item or not is a closed thing, instead of an open
procedure for any author when the work is clearly in the scope of the
charter.

I still remember that there was a decision, not clear for me and which I
don't agree at all, 2 or 3 IETF meetings ago, by which all the work was put
"on-hold" and no more work accepted as WG item.

Clearly, now this has been changed, so I understand that the fair way to go
now, will be that the rest of the authors can ask the same question on those
documents that are within the charter scope. Right ?

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <jonne.soininen@nokia.com>
> Responder a: <owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Fecha: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:53:15 +0200
> Para: ext Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
> CC: <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Asunto: Interest to have as an WG item:
> draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels-03.txt
>
> Hello v6ops WG,
>
> first of all, happy new year to everybody, and it is time to get back to
> work.
>
> (Chair hat on)
> The authors of draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels have requested the
> draft to be adopted as a WG item. I would like to give two (2) weeks of
> time for the discussion, putting the deadline to 18.1.2005.
>
> The draft can be found at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels-03.t
> xt
>
> (Chair hat off)