Re: DHCPv6 and Relay-to-Server Multicasting ...

Hi John,
     The use of a site-local multicast address will require a multicast
infrastructure.  That could be something as complex as managing
an RP-based multicast routing infrastructure.  It could also be done
using MLDv2 and SSM routing.  And in one scenario, I have seen
*static* multicast routes for DHCPv6 servers.

     So, in short, a multicast infrastructure is needed when using
FF-5::1:3.  It is up to the deployer to determine the complexity of
that infrastructure.

Regards,
Brian