Re: draft-chown-v6ops-renumber-thinkabout-01

> 6.3  Router Renumbering

> ==> I think Jinmei of KAME reported some experiences of router renumbering
> on the IPv6 list a year or two ago, the reason why they found it to be
> unworkable approach in practice.  Sorry for being inprecise.. it might be
> useful to try to dig that out and put it as a reference or something.

I don't recall a report on router renumbering a year or two ago, but I
did make a short presentation about our experiences in December 2000:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00dec/00dec-53.htm#TopOfPage

I'm not sure whether this is what you meant.  In any event, our
conclusion regarding router renumbering was not that negative, but we
thought it did not make much sense to apply this technique to large
sites (e.g, an enterprise network).

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.