RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-00.txt & NAT security [2.2]

Mark;

Good points all.  I agree, host firewall is evolving fast, and will be more
and more commonly deployed in the future.

But are you suggesting that the NAP draft, in an effort to push peer-to-peer
"all the way", advocate removing edge firewalls and ACL in favor of only
deploying distributed firewalls?  I think that would be going way to far.
The best way to pry NAT out of the hands of IPv4-oriented security managers
is to make the case *for* stateful firewalls over NAT routers - not to try
to suggest, at this stage, that even the stateful firewalls should be pulled
in favor of having the end nodes use host firewalls to support peer-to-peer
networking in the purest sense.

Spence