comment on draft-ietf-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-01.txt on the cabe modem section

I have some comments on the cable modem scenario.

- the various sub-scenarios have a lot in common. The way there are described in full one by one makes
that there is a lot of redundant text. Grouping commonalities in one section and ten, for each sub-case,
describing what is different would make the document easier to read.

- There is something not obvious on why IGMPv3/MLDv2 is needed.
the CM amd CMTS are L2 bridges, so they could just forward any multicast traffic.
This is especially true for the CM, which has only 2 interfaces. I reckon it may be
different for the CMTS is one wants to make sure multicast traffic for one customer
does not accidentally flows to another. In any case, I'd like to see some more
text why MLD is needed. Actually the current text is a bit ambiquous, it some
places it says that MLD is mandatory, in other it just says that the absence of MLD "could"
break ND...

- If a cable operator decides to roll out v6 for management purpose, then all the scenarios
about using tunnels are moot, unless the home GWR does not support v6.

- If v6 multicast is important, support for MLD proxy or PIM-SM is critical
 in the GWR. If it is not there, is there a work around?

   - Alain.