Re: Discussion of draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-02.txt

Does the WG really have consensus on this recommendation?

 Later in the transition process, after the enterprise has
 transitioned to a predominately IPv6 infrastructure, the architect
 should implement the Dual-IP Transition Mechanism [DSTM, DSTM+]. Or
 in the case of early deployment of IPv6-dominant networks DSTM can
 be used too.

This whole document comes down to a brief set of recommendations, and I think that it is important that we only make recommendations that have the clear consensus of the WG.

I am not personally convinced that we should recommend DSTM as a solution for this stage of network transition (I haven't even read DSTM+, so I have no opinion on that), but perhaps I am part of the rough? Fred, was there an explicit consensus call on each of these recommendations that I missed while I was busy somewhere else?

If the WG does have consensus that, at some point in an enterprise transition, administrators "should implement DSTM", what is our plan to standardize it?

Margaret