New draft available: Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls

Hi.

Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls
draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt

We sent this draft to the I-D editor just before the deadline today and hopefully it will be available from the server in due course, but in the meantime it can be downloaded from either:

http://www.kurtis.se/draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt
or
http://skye.ki.iif.hu/~mohacsi/draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt

This draft is a (considerable) expansion of a section that was previously in the Security Overview draft relating to exactly how you should filter the large number of ICMPv6 messsages in a site firewall. It is referenced in the latest version of the security overview.

It also builds on some work that Janos has done in the EU 6net project and other views of how ICMPv6 should be treated in firewalls.

I hope to be able to discuss it at the Paris meeting.

Regards,
Elwyn