Re: Enterprise Analysis DSTM Issue

(this is somewhat off-topic I guess)

On 10 aug 2005, at 15.12, Tim Chown wrote:

I think for the majority of cases/networks that's true. But I have spoken
to people recently who believe (conventional) dual-stack adds to security
complexity, and they'd like to run one protocol only.

I must miss something here. In what way would these people think the security model differed from any other tunnelling model for security? I.e the payload is the payload is the payload, and from my experience that is what is hard to secure...the only way to protect them then is to either leave out the v4 Internet (which might not be a bad idea from security POV :-) or do translation?

- kurtis -