Re: Review: draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-01.txt

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:05:38AM +0300, Eric Klein wrote:

> Part of what this draft was written to explain is that the concept of NAT as
> a security tool was very limited, and one that is better served by
> firewalls. The second concept of topology hiding (often confused with
> security) is one of the inherent features IPv6 by the use of Site-Local
> addresses.

I don't think 'site locals' (ULAs) hide topology, since ULA subnetting will
invariably mirror global subnetting.

One of the things that worries me about this draft is the suggestion to use
host based routing for topology hiding, or indeed permanent use of MIPv6,
as neither seems particularly attractive just to serve that purpose.

--
Tim/::1