From: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org on behalf of Fred Baker (fred)
Sent: Tue 8/23/2005 9:57 AM
To: chenhongfei
Cc: 'Eric Klein'; v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Review: draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-01.txt

If the objective is to not have people on the outside know of the
existence or exact value of an address, or be able to attack it by
sending traffic to it, then a system that sends packets outside the
net would need to change addresses periodically, but a system that
doesn't send packets outside the network merely needs to be protected
from accidental uses of its address.