Re: v6ops-routing-guidelines ID

On Mar 19, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Danny McPherson wrote:

My point was that if we're asking folks to follow these routing
guidelines and possibly generate and deploy policy based on
them, they'll need a source for the input from which they could.
One would think IANA and the RIRs would be a good start, but
the IRRs and similar sources would be ideal - though require
much more explicit policy expressions.

well, there is some text about this in 2.5  section.

There's an IANA reference, not any direct RIR one, or any
IRR one.  Ultimately, it should be based on IRRish policy,
but there's a bootstrap issue there.

The earlier point about this was that if someone downloads
the IANA file and defines policy based on the availability of
the prefix for allocations needs to synchronize them
periodically (frequently) or things WILL break.

We've seen problems with filtering based on IANA bogons
recently with IPv4's 96 & 120, for example.

-danny