OK, we need a draft...

OK. I, in my infinite wisdom, have decided.

We need a draft. The subject, if not the title, is "Specific recommendations to vendors of devices that will provide security capabilities in Internet-enabled homes". Note that this is not limited to home in which the 802.11 access point is the only network in the home, nor it is limited to homes without. I'm thinking Apple Airport, Linksys, D-Link, God help us..

Folks I want involved this include:

        Tony Hain
        Remi Denis-Courmont
        Brian Carpenter
        Christian Huitema
        Ed Jankiewicz
        Eric Klein
        Gert Doering
        Iljitsch van Beijnum
        Mark Smith
        Pekka Savola
        Thomas Narten
        Wesley Eddy
        James Woodyatt

Please copy me and Kurtis as well, as WG chairs. Set up a design team mailing list if you like. If someone else wants to be involved, they can negotiate the matter with you.

James, can I get you to be the primary editor, accept inputs from those who are willing to work with you, and have you lead a 30 minute discussion at the coming IETF meeting around an internet draft that you will have posted by mid-June (whatever the cut-off date is)? Are you willing? This is not "ten minutes of status". This is "Let's discuss this live".

I'm looking for a document with the moniker draft-ietf-v6ops- residential-cpe-00.txt, which with this email I authorize the secretariat to consider a WG draft.