Re: BCP for multisite multihoming

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Thomas Narten wrote:
2) Obtain a single /32, and announce /34s (or /36, or /40 or
whatever, if they want to leave room for expansion) from each POP.

FWIW, at least in RIPE land, the policy still says

"... by advertising that connectivity through its single aggregated address allocation."

.. which IMHO requires that you must advertise the aggregate. It may also be read so that you shouldn't advertise anything else than the aggregate but other interpretations are also possible.

Personally I don't have a huge problem with people who advertise more routes like above, but I do have a problem if they do not provide a single aggregated allocation that will provide "default" connectivity to operators who do filter more specifics.