Re: CPE equipments and stateful filters

On Jul 23, 2007, at 14:36, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

PS: i am a person who eat one's own dog food. i do not have any kind of
firewall in my home!

For the record, I don't use any stateful filtering on my home network, either.

(I *do* think some stateless filtering is appropriate, mainly those things in section 3.1 of draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security. I suspect you'll regard R3 with particular approval, but I could be mistaken...)

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering