Re: [69ATTENDEES] DHCP

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 03:08:31AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	now i see rogue RAs which advertise fec0:0:0:4::/64 and
> 	202:8281:1768:4::/64.  my guess is that this is from the same guy.
>
> 	we need L2 switch vendors to implement ways to prevent rogue RA/DHCPv6
> 	sources, just like ways to avoiding rogue DHCPv4 servers/relay agents.

Any comments on

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/slides/dhc-5.pdf

to the v6ops list would be welcome.   A couple of us will be converting
this material, which was assembled from talking to various admin type
people from enterprise networks, into an informational draft in the next
couple of weeks.   The draft will include feedback received from dhc and
v6ops WG meetings yesterday, and hopefully generate some discussion
towards 'bcp' type advice.

--
Tim