Re: Distributing site-wide RFC 3484 policy

On 26-jul-2007, at 15:02, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

	what i've said is, it MAY NOT best to use ADDR-A to go out from
	ISP-A!

Well, then make a policy entry that tells the host what is the best combination.

(Ignoring the obvious ingress filtering problem for a moment.)

        you cannot see the EGP routing table of ISP-A (unless you are
	insider) so you have no (or very little) idea!

What's your point?

	as long as you use RT-A consistenly, there's no issue with multipath
	TCP packet reordering.

There is no rule against reordering IP or TCP packets.

so you cannot rewrite your IP stack but you are saying you can rewrite
	all of your application to use something next to getaddrinfo(3).
	i see some contradiction.

No, you're being difficult, and I'm starting to think it's on purpose.

The vendors have to make the software do what's right. I can rearrange the hardware in my network if that makes everything work better.

  in fact, if you pick a
	global address it would be easier for A to handle traffic from B.

Nonsense.

well, if you say "so?" or "nonsense", that is total denial from making a constructive argument. it isn't an argument clinic ala monty python.

Saying that a global address is better than a private address for a function that doesn't need the functionality of a global address WITHOUT EXPLAINING WHY THAT WOULD BE SO is even worse. Are we still having a useful discussion?

I'm getting pretty tired of these based-on-nothing arguments against ULAs. Come up with a reason why they're so bad or shut up about them. That goes for all ULA haters, btw.

	or maybe not a constructive argument - i should say goodbye and try
	to deploy IPv6 to other people, and then you will be left with IPv4.

Oh right.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Ipv6-dev/2007/May/msg00011.html