Re: The IPv4 Internet MTU (was Re: Teredo MTU logic)

On 27-sep-2007, at 21:15, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

So my naive question of the day is:
Does anyone have any practical case for an IPv4 path MTU within [1308;1348[ ?

Can't think of any but lack of imagination never stopped breakage...

I'm starting to think we may need an MTU BoF or MTU wg. There are just so many issues sourrounding packet sizes and fragmentation, and they're dealt with in a rather fragmented way currently.