RE: The IPv4 Internet MTU

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:04:18 -0700, "Templin, Fred L"

<Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> wrote:

> BTW, how big did you say those bubbles were that you

> are blowing? (Or, maybe it was the echo requests...)

Teredo bubbles are IPv6 packet with no next header, so 40 bytes.

Echo requests have no specified size; I believe Windows uses 4 bytes

of request payload, so 40+8+4 = 52 bytes, but... an other stack

uses a larger value.

In any cases, attempt to "mess" with these "signalling" packets

would likely wreak havoc to backward compatibility.

--

Rémi Denis-Courmont

http://www.remlab.net/