Re: Enhanced SIIT

On Oct 17, 2007, at 13:49, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I don't have any specific proposals in mind, but I'm pretty sure that signalling between the translator and the IPv6 host will be needed.

Yeah, but that's not a big deal, right? It's not like we haven't already capitulated completely to the need for IPv6 nodes to signal nodes in the network charged with keeping track of application state-- why not just embrace the horror and learn to love the stateful packet mangler?

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering