Re: Enhanced SIIT

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Todd T. Fries wrote:

I personally think that handling the three case:

	a) normal v4 address
	b) v4 mapped v6 address
	c) v6 address

is more complex than handling the two cases:

	a) normal v4 address
	b) normal v6 address

And those two cases are more complex than coding for a single socket and internal address representation.

Agree or not, harmful is the stance the world has taken.

I'm sure a software developer can make the necessary code do his/her bidding - where it matters. My point is that for the majority of code out there, it usually doesn't really matter.

Lamenting the past does not move us to faster adoption of IPv6.

We need an `adopt IPv6' movement... i.e. action.

Concur, and I would also add that we don't want to add unnecessary impediments to that movement.

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN