Subject: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-shanti-01.txt
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:30:02 -0500
From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org

	Title           : Shimmed IPv4/IPv6 Address Network Translation Interface (SHANTI)
	Author(s)       : B. Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-shanti-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-11-07

There is a pragmatic need for a packet-level translation mechanism
between IPv4 and IPv6, for scenarios where no other mode of IPv4 to
IPv6 interworking is possible.  The mechanism defined here uses a
shim in both the translator and the IPv6 host to mitigate the
problems introduced by stateless translation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-shanti-01.txt