Re: "Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'"

--On 16 February 2005 09:53 +1100 Duane <duane@e164.org> wrote:

Paul Vixie wrote:
what a shocking, unexpected situation! (not.)

I wonder if this will push vonage into getting SRV records more widely adopted and used as a result so they can play switcher-roo with ports...

Hopefully the effect will be that both Vonage and CPE vendors start supporting SIP/RTP etc. over IPsec, which from a security point of view is a million times easier to implement, and a whole pile more secure than the various SIP security extensions, and has the fortunate side effect that any telco attempting to block it, will also block all VPN traffic (that's unless they have some quantum computer we don't know about).

(ducks and runs).

Alex