RE: Re: VoIP peering & routing protocols (revisited)

> oh?  and why?  because money breeds bad architecture, crappy
> design, ...?  this is the bellhead mind-set trap.

I fully agree. I basically never understood why TRIP is required
for routing of VoIP calls on the Internet. TRIP is for routing
transit traffic to the PSTN, there is no transit traffic on the
Internet. All you need to know on the Internet is the server hosting
the destination and this is done with the DNS. Either with the SIP
domain
in the URI or with ENUM for a E.164 number, which finally also points
to a SIP URI. ENUM without public SIP URIs is not working

Having VoIP end-pointg not having a URI resolvable in the public
DNS is according to Henry not VoIP. So Vonage is not really VoIP.

I know of course that many telcos are considering such VoIP services,
using such SIP URIs and I know them all (IMS).

Richard

On