folder mode message counts

Just switched to wl yesterday and am really impressed so far. I almost
have it tuned the way I want except for one thing. In folder mode, the
display format of each folder is

folder-name:new-number/unread-number/all-number

The way I work through my email, I don't have a need to distinguish
between "new" and "unread". I would much rather see the number of
messages flagged as important in that folder. Ideally, I would like to
see

folder-name:unread-number/important-number/all-number

Is there a way to customize the format of the Folder mode display as
you can in the Summary buffer? I couldn't find anything in the
docs/help and, taking a cursory look at the code, it doesn't seem to
be customizable (outside of patching it which is a bit beyond me at
this point) but I am hoping that I am mistaken. Does anyone have an
idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Ryan