Disable automatic display of image attachments?

Hi! I've just started using Wanderlust, and I'm excited. Thanks for
this great program!

I'd like to know how to disable the display of image attachments. It's
a real pain as I browse through email and stumble on spam.

I found one message about this here:

http://lists.airs.net/wl-en/archive/200410/msg00032.html

But this didn't seem to make a differenc for me. Since that
message is from 2004, I thought perhaps the MIME handling has
changed since then.

What variable would I check to see whether this should happen?
Attached PDF files, for instance, are simply listed, and I can view
them if I like. It must just be some particular setting to do the
same for images, but I'm stumped.

Thanks for your help.

Bill Powell