Re: Fixed highlighting in draft mode

At Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:07:53 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> At Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:09:18 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > Maybe pcl-cvs lied to me that the checkin succeeded.  It's really
> > strange.  But maybe that's a good thing because it seems to have
> > broken delete-selection-mode.
> >
> > I'll investigate further.
>
> How about such hack?
>
> (defun my-highlight-hook (beg end len)
>   (let ((begining (save-excursion
> 		    (goto-char beg)
> 		    (re-search-backward "^" nil t)))
> 	(ending (save-excursion
> 		  (goto-char end)
> 		  (re-search-forward "$" nil t))))
>     (put-text-property begining ending 'face nil)
>     (wl-highlight-message begining ending t nil)
>     (wl-highlight-message begining ending t t)))
>
> (add-hook 'wl-draft-mode-hook (lambda ()
> 				(add-hook 'after-change-functions
> 					  'my-highlight-hook)))

Well, I fixed my hack w.r.t delete-selection-mode; all I needed to do
was to add:

  (put 'wl-draft-newline 'delete-selection t)

but frankly I like your hack better, if it works.  I'll test it.

Frankly had I assumed that draft mode would /already/ be trying to
highlight the changed region and something was inhibiting that in a
few cases, which is why I was targeting newline.  However, it seems
the highlight function is never called during editing right now.

> And, yes, my assumption about highlighting in SEMI was wrong.

Which assumption?

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing