smtp problem

Hi,

I'm new to Wanderlust and not a an meacs pro as well (I'm proficient enough to navigate safely but no lisp knowledge at all) I set it up according to http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html
Reading my maildir works, but I can't send through wl's smtp client.
I'm pretty sure everything is set up correctly, as I have a working msmtp client for mutt with the same settings. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to set a tls certificate in msmtp which I have not found how to do this in wl. I do not use gmail, but I registered an account there just for testing purposes with wl. But I also can't get gmail with wl working either, although I found a guide for this as well and I'm pretty sure settings are ok.

Is there anything I have to do before using wl? Any special .emacs settings?
Is it possible to use msmtp in wl like mutt does?