Re: slowness in smtp tls

Heinz Diehl wrote:

> On 11.10.2009, John Owens wrote:
>
> > OK. The version Masaru suggested was difficult for me to compile as it
> > wanted a metric ton of include files I didn't have
>
> If I understood all this right, you could just take the
> starttls.el from the package and copy it over. No need for compiling the
> whole thing :-)
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong..

The el file calls a starttls binary:

(defcustom starttls-program "starttls"
  "The program to run in a subprocess to open an TLSv1 connection."
  :group 'starttls)

that I had to compile and put in my path. Am I missing something? All
I had before was the gnutls package, which doesn't have this starttls
binary.

JDO