Re: New default config

At Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:28:08 -0800,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> I think something like this could be very inviting for new users.
> However it might require some agreement about what a ‘proper’ simple
> setup is for various systems.

I think one important use-case to cover is the "Do everything
Thunderbird does" case, i.e. providing all the standard amenities one
expects in an MUA.  I realize this is emacs-land where we like to do
everything in an arcane plaintext environment, but even many Emacs are
used to other MUAs.  It's relatively easy to turn off these features,
but figuring out how to turn them on and get them set up can be really
difficult.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing