rr.com's smtp-posting server

    Hi,

    This can be a little off topic, but I still believe that
    many of you are suffering from the issue;  rr.com's
    smtp-posting servers, for example, smtp-server.san.rr.com
    keep sending back error message like:

Process SMTP deleted
220 Welcome Road Runner. WARNING: *** FOR AUTHORIZED USE ONLY! ***
EHLO quadra.otacky.us
250-cdptpa-omtalb.mail.rr.com says EHLO to 72.130.185.xxx:58995
250-PIPELINING
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250 8BITMIME
MAIL FROM:<xxxxx@san.rr.com>  BODY=8BITMIME
501 5.5.2 MAIL FROM syntax error
QUIT
221 cdptpa-omtalb.mail.rr.com closing connection

    Following are some more details:

  * This started more than a month ago.

  * At that time, I had not changed anythings of Wanderlust
    settings.  These are now working for the other ISP's
    SMTP server and localhost (MacOSX 10.6.2).

  * The symptom is the same for MacOSX's Mail.app and
    iPhone's Mail (these would not give me the error messages,
    though).

  * I reported the incident to san.rr.com, and they kept
    saying "Our engineers were working on the issue," but
    nothing has been changed.

  * I currently send out Email through my own localhost, and
    I am almost always happy with it, but once a host
    rejected my message, and I'd like to use the SMTP
    server, again.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,

--
--                                               Taka Fukuda
--                                    fukuda at computer.org