Re: viewing an email that is only content type HTML

At Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:18:23 +0000,

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have no problem reading emails which contain HTML entities.
> However, I often (increasingly and annoyingly so) get emails which are
> solely HTML.  Even the ones that are well specified, including for
> instance the "Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8" type of header
> entry, are displayed in raw mode.  That is, I see the actual HTML
> code.
>
> How can I configure Wl either to show me the interpreted contents
> (e.g. as I would get if I piped the message body through w3m or links
> or equivalent) or leave the contents hidden but with a means to spawn
> an external or emacs internal HTML viewer if desired?  Of, even if the
> raw contents are shown, how can I spawn an external viewer or use an
> internal viewingmode on the whole message?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions or pointers!
>
> eric
>
> PS - I am using wl-beta (2.15.6+0.20090322-1) on Debian testing/unstable.

I'm not sure if I did some special configuration, but have you tried
just pressing "v" while the cursor is somewhere in this html code?
For me, it opens the file as a new tab in Firefox. Quite handy.

Bill Powell