Re: slow SMTP send blocks emacs

At Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:22:56 -0400,
Matt Price wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
>  the SMTP server for my main account is often quite slow to respond to
>  send requests, and wl seems to sort of hang, waiting until the
>  transaction is complete.  With another mua this would be fine -- I
>  would just go over to emacs and work while the message was sending.
>  However, wl is *inside* emacs -- so I'm unable to use my main work
>  tool during the delay time.
>
> So I suppose the question is:  does anyone else experience this?  And
> is there a way around it?  Thanks as always,

What do you mean by slow?  It usually takes my SMTP server (gmail)
about 3 seconds to send a message, which is annoying, but not so bad
that I've gone searching for an alternate solution.  Nor have I tried
other SMTP servers.  Nonetheless, I would welcome a way to make it
more speedy :)

So, to the list, what do you deem as an acceptable amount of time to
send a message and what do you actually experience with wl?

Thanks,
Per