IMAP user name with '@' symbol

Hi there,

I'm just trying to add my non-local IMAP servers to my wl setup (I
currently use just local IMAP) and am playing the .folders file
guessing game -- badly.

My username for one of my IMAP servers is my email address, including
the '@' symbol. Any ideas if this works in wl? Currently I've got as
far as specifying the username with '%40' instead of '@' and that gets
me to the position of it reporting an authentication error.

With the @ included it thought that everything following it was the
name of the server. With the @ escaped ('\@') it just asks me if I
want to create the folder. (I'm not sure what this means, does it mean
that it's not parsing the folder definition as an IMAP folder?)

Also, putting exclamation marks at the ends of my folder definitions
seems to have the effect of causing them not to be parsed properly (I
think, it's quite hard to tell what's wrong with a .folers file).

Anyone else solved this problem?
--
Richard Lewis