Re: Can't get messages from Outlook Server

At Mon, 03 May 2010 06:07:02 -0700,
Taka Fukuda wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     A little ago, my WL started refusing to obtain messages
>     from Outlook server, on which IMAP is enabled.
>
>     I get the error messages as follows:
>
>     > elmo-imap4-accept-ok: IMAP error: The requested message
>     > could not be converted to an RFC-822 compatible format.
>
>     > IMAP error: The requested message could not be converted
>     > to an RFC-822 compatible format.
>
>     Are there any ways to work around this?  Or any way to
>     pinpoint the problematic message?
>
>     Thanks,

I had the same issue. As you said, the problem seemed to be one or
messages that Exchange was having trouble with that stop WL from
processing anything else.

The messages seemed to be Outlook/Exchange invitations sent from
recent versions of Outlook on an older version of Exchange. Outlook
Web Access also had trouble with these messages. Other IMAP clients
would give me an error too, but only when I tried to view the
messages, not when updating a summary.

The only solution I came up with after identifying the messages was to
accept the invites (in Outlook) or delete them. When I did this, I no
longer had any trouble.

best,
Erik Hetzner