Re: emails with [cid]

At Fri, 14 May 2010 15:08:33 -0700,
John Owens wrote:

> Scott Brim wrote:
> >
> > I have
> >
> > (setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
> >
> > Try that.
>
> Sadly, no, doesn't work (looks identical to when it's set nil). I
> don't particularly want them displaying inline anyway; I'd be happier
> if I just had an attachment that I could hit 'v' on. But either would
> be better than the can't-see-it-at-all I have now.

Hi John -

A few thoughts:

I tried sending a test message with inline images using Thunderbird. I
presume it is similar to the messages that you have.

I had to restart WL to get w3m to display inline images.

If that doesn’t work, you can try using the T command (while inside
the w3m HTML display). This worked for me.

Finally, I was able to hack up a display by defining:

  (defun mime-display-multipart/related (entity situation)
    (mime-display-multipart/alternative entity situation))

There is probably a better solution, but this at least lets you see
all of the parts of a multipart/related instead of hiding all but the
first part.

best,
Erik