modb error makes wl unuasable

Hey folks,

once again stumped while trying to use wl.  I accidentalyl typed M-x wl
when what I really wanted was just "w" to compose a message; wl seemed
to recover but now when I try to view a folder I get this error:

inbox:pricemat/clear@mailbox126.utcc.utoronto.ca:993...
modb-standard-load-msgid: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Quit
inbox:pricemat/clear@mailbox126.utcc.utoronto.ca:993...
modb-standard-load-msgid: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Quit

then my cursor is stuck at position 1 in the summary bufer and i can't
execute any commands -- well, fortunately i at least seem t be able to
perform a "q" & exit the buffer, but so far nothing else i've tried has
worked.

i wonder whether this is something to do with the msgdb, and whether I
can just delete that from wherever it lives & try again?  Can nyone give
me any pointers?  Thanks much,
Matt