Re: blank messages

David Abrahams wrote:

>On May 20, 2010, at 5:59 AM, Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

>> At Wed, 19 May 2010 20:48:36 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>>>

>>> At some point in one of my message threads, I found all following
>>> messages were blank.  In fact, everything after
>>> http://old.nabble.com/-challenge!--find-a-common-domain-tt28604429.html#a28614425
>>> in that thread was blank.  `,' to view the raw message shows me a
>>> buffer containing, simply:
>>>
>>>  nil
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Call to elmo-message-fetch was unsuccessful (I don't know
>> why). Perhaps, you can find the reason with M-x
>> trace-package-background[*] for the `elmo' package.

>Well, I finally managed to reproduce the problem with tracing on.
>Clearing elmo's cache doesn't seem to help.  The trace is at
>http://gist.github.com/464701

Am I right that the IMAP folder %zz_mairix-results contains search
results of a local mairx search?

If so, you might try:

 1. Take a look in the local folder if the messages there contain a
    message body;

 2. If so, copy the message (not the symlink) in a new IMAP folder and
    see if the problem hits;

If you already use a local IMAP server, you might as well try to skip
mairix and use WL to search for messages: Some IMAP servers
(e.g. Dovecot) index their messages and hence IMAP searches are quite
fast.

A vague guess: If this problem occurs in zz_mairix-results only it
might be, that the IMAP server somehow gets confused by the mairix
folder.  E.g. If you perform a search, mairix places the symlinks in
the local folder and the IMAP server has to update it's housekeeping
about this folder.  Such a mailbox with rapidly changing content might
not be handled well; after all: from my understanding of IMAP such a
folder that changes it's entire context (very often) is quite unusual.

HTH,
  -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6