Re: Pushing AND, OR search to IMAP

At Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:27:39 -0800,
Dave Abrahams wrote:
> I am currently using your changes -- they get loaded after wl and
> override any existing implementation.  No problems so far.  Also no
> noticeable speedup but I may be experiencing transient GMail slowness
> for all I know.  And thank *you*!

There was at least one problem with the file I sent out
earlier. Replace: `elmo-imap4-search2-and-internal` with
`elmo-imap4-search2-generate-and`.

I am not too surprised that you don’t see much speedup. Probably this
only would have a noticeable effect on AND searches which have a very
large number of results for one condition and a small number for
another. Still I think it is the right thing to do.

I have added a new branch to my WL fork on github:

  http://github.com/egh/wanderlust/tree/new-imap4-search

containing these modifications to IMAP search.

best, Erik