Re: Easier w3m integration

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:30:23 -0400, David Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

> At Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:07:23 +0200,
> Jonathan Groll wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 04:14:13 -0400,David Abrahams wrote:
> >
> > >Hi All,
> >
> > >Most of the time, I'm only interested in the text part of an email,
> > >but occasionally I want to see the HTML without switching to a
> > >browser.  Right now, for me, that means turning on mime buttons,
> > >switching to the message pane, locating the right button and doing a
> > >`M-x mime-preview-toggle-content'.  Is there a way to do this quickly,
> > >from the Summary pane?
> >
> > Not sure if I do understand the question since for me MIME always
> > shows rendered HTML in the message buffer. Perhaps you do things in a
> > more advanced way.
> >
> > My config is really simple:
> > ;;from http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/
> >     (require 'w3m-load)
> >     (require 'mime-w3m)
> >                ^^^
> >                You have this?
>
> Yep, I do.
>
> --
> Dave Abrahams
> BoostPro Computing
> http://www.boostpro.com

Maybe check to see what mime-view-type-subtype-score-alist is set to?
I know I set '(text . html) to a score of 0 so that the html is not
displayed by default (or at least that is what I think this
done... the documentation is a little lacking in this respect
unfortunately).  Because of this, I do have to go through the
rigamarole you describe but I don't mind as I don't like HTML text
displayed automatically (due to web browsers, including w3m, accessing
images etc without asking me -- paranoia ;-).
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D