.emacs tweak to disable mime 'play' keybinding

Maybe another useful tip for somebody... I added this to my .emacs:

(add-hook
 'mime-view-mode-hook
 '(lambda ()
    "Disable 'v' for mime-play."
    ;; Key bindings
    (local-set-key [?v] () )
    ))

Because 'v', in the summary window, hides the message-reading window, but if you hit 'v' without realizing that the cursor is in the message window, wl launches an external process which (on my machine) never produces any output and never terminates. If I get an attachment, I only want to extract it anyway by 'e' so it's no loss to me.

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net