Help! wl is hanging when opening the inbox

My love affair with wl seems to be over. It's now hanging infinitely when I try to open my inbox. This is worse than before -- 100% CPU use.

I can't guess exactly what happened. I was using it just fine, then suddenly tonight, it decided to reload all the messages in the inbox... 1%, 2%, 3%, very slow. That's compared to 2-3 seconds to update the inbox previously -- so I think it was trying to reload all the messages even though there were only 2-3 new ones. It got stuck at 47%. So I killed Emacs, renamed .elmo, and started again. No problem with Folder view, but when I tried to open inbox, again Emacs hung, probably about 10 minutes with high network activity, then the CPU spiked to 100% again.

Any ideas how I fix it? I tried starting over with an empty .elmo folder, but no help.

Thanks --
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world