Re: OfflineIMAP does not ask for a password.

At Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:04:31 -0500,
Justin Illusion wrote:

> Hello,
>
>           How can I tell if OfflineIMAP is working correctly; Wanderlust
> still asks for my password, as far as I can tell Wanderlust is pulling the
> maiI, not OfflineIMAP.
>
> I originally setup Wanderlust, a couple of days ago, following these
> instructions (http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html) and it works.
>
> Now I'm trying to mimic this off-line setup:
>
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html
>
> I installed OfflineIMAP using the Quick Start instructions (
> http://jgoerzen.github.com/offlineimap/manual.html).
>
> OfflineIMAP starts up and flashes a screen of info too fast to read (this
> account is new and only has seven email), however OfflineIMAP never asks for
> a password.

My advice: don't use OfflineIMAP with WL unless you have a good
reason. Use WL's built in offline setup. See the WL manual, section 8
"Off-line Management" and also see [1] for information on pre-fetching
all mail. OfflineIMAP is great but it is not really needed with WL, in
my experience.

If you want to see what OfflineIMAP is doing anyways, use the "-u
TTY.TTYUI" option.

best, Erik

1. http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/WlFaq#toc4