a scratch course on virtual folder usage

Hi,

my understanding is that a virtual folder is what I should use when I
need to get a view of messages matching a certain
condition. And for doing so I can use 'V' (wl-summary-virtual)

However, by using this mechanism I cannot define a matching criteria
that involves more than one attribute, like 'To AND From'.

My questions:

1. in the manual (section 3.11) a description if given for fully
elaborated matching criteria. However, I do not understand how could I
make wl to ask me for that criteria and then take me to that virtual
folder. Is this possible somehow?

2. is it possible for wl-summary-virtual to request for more than one
single attribute? Would that allow OR-ing and AND-ing and Negating as
one would expect?

3. after I have searched for a given criteria wl takes me to that
virtual folder. How can I come back to this search after I have left
it to an other folder? Searching again is very inefficient.

4. in the folders buffer it seems like wl-fldmgr-make-filter and
wl-summary-virtual do the same thing. But the first does not work on
my local maildir folders:

Can't change access group

what's the difference?

many thanks in advance,