Re: bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist seems to ignore some alists

Thanks Erik,

I verified each of those bbdb variables (thanks for the tip on the C-h v) and made corrections.  Initially this didn't seem to resolve it completely, so I removed the entry which had been made for "helpdesk" in my bbdb file and now it works as expected.

Much appreciated,

Adrian

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org> wrote:
At Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:45:46 -0700,
Adrian Owen <adrian.v.owen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to not have bbdb annotate addresses that come from out ticket
> system.
> […]

Hi Adrian,

You have some typos in your init file.

>     bbdb-popup-target-lines  1               ;; very small

bbdb-pop-up-target-lines

>     bbdb-always-add-address t                ;; add new addresses to

bbdb-always-add-addresses

>     bbbd-message-caching-enabled t           ;; be fast

bbdb-message-caching-enabled

>     bbdb-elided-display t                    ;; single-line addresses

Is this a variable in your bbdb? If so I think you have a very old
bbdb.

Could you check all variables with C-h v? Variables defined by bbdb
should have docstrings.

If you call C-h v when point is over a defined variable name you don’t
have to type tye variable name.

best, Erik