Re: fresh macosx install

At Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:06:49 -0500,
Dave Abrahams wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:
> > i am a wl user.  i have a fresh macosx machine.  what is the most
> > straightforward way to do a clean machine install of wl, including APEL,
> > FLIM, and SEMI?
>
> 1. install el-get from https://github.com/dimitri/el-get
> 2. put 'apel, 'flim, 'semi, and 'wanderlust in your el-get-sources
> 3. Enjoy

Wow, I didn’t know about el-get. Looks cool.

For what it’s worth, I just finished off the WL support in my own
emacs packaging systems. Get started with the README file:

  http://launchpad.net/pases/trunk/0.2/+download/README

The (apel, flim, semi, wl) packages are available at:

  http://e6h.org/pases/

I have tested them on emacs 23 (Ubuntu), and Aquamacs 1.9 (Mac OS X).
If anybody wishes to test on other platforms (Maemo, etc) I would
appreciate it!

pases is pure emacs (though it requires an “unzip” binary), so it can
install WL on platforms lacking make. It handles compilation and
autoloads. The project page is here:

  http://launchpad.net/pases/

best, Erik