Outlook and quoted replies as displayed in wl

All,

I hope to get some perspective on how others are dealing with the
outlook scourge.  My problem is reading replies from my outlook using
colleagues that respond with html.  At first I thought that it was
quite democratic that an outlook client would include a plain text
version of the response in addition to the html response.  I operated
under this delusion until I actually needed to follow what my
colleagues were writing.  The response did not include any of the
traditional '>' characters for quoting the original message, but just
interspersed the response in with the original message.

I then broke down and configured mime-w3m to see if the html version
was any better, but was disappointed to find that the interspersed
text in the response was still not displayed differently from the
original text.  This was due to the fact that w3m does not render
'<font color=...>' tags, and this is how responses are offset from the
original messages.

How do others cope?  Is it possible to use elinks in a similar way to
w3m to display mime content inline in wl?

Doug