Re: delete items from summary, not from mail server?

At Sun, 6 Mar 2011 01:27:19 +0000,
Joe Corneli wrote:

> Wanderlust decided to download all of the mail summaries, but it
> appended this information at the bottom of the summary buffer, when
> there were already quite a few items there previously.  Is there a
> good way to permanently delete items from the local summary buffer,
> but not from the mail server?  I just think it would be nice to start
> with the message number "1" at the top of this buffer (now that I have
> it!).

I'm not quite sure if I understood your request.

If you want WL to hide messages in Summary you could try pressing 's'
(sync) in Summary and select 'all entirely'.  If the mailbox contains
many messages WL will tell you so and ask whether it should update all
messages. If you say no you can chose the number of messages that to
download from the server (defaults to 500).

If you'd like the messages in Summary to be sorted starting with
message number 1 you could tell WL to sort the summary after
preparing:

(add-hook 'wl-summary-prepared-hook 'wl-summary-sort-by-number)

or toggle it globally by setting `wl-summary-default-sort-spec'.

If you'd like to limit the number of messages shown in summary to a
fixed value you could use a filter folter with the last: filter spec,
e.g.

/last:100/%Inbox

Will show the last 100 messages in %Inbox.

HTH,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6