Re: M-x help-help-help

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:26:08 +0200
Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

>Hi :)
>
>sometime ago I tried to set up Wanderlust without success.
>
>OR I DID SET IT UP CORRECTLY, BUT DID USE THE WRONG COMMAND TO EDIT A
>MAIL FOR Wanderlust, MAYBE I WROTE IT FOR Emacs DEFAULT MAILER AND THEN
>TRIED TO SEND IT WITH WL?!
>
>Because I've got to maintain experimental Linux DAWs, I had no time to
>go on with becoming familiar with Emacs and Wanderlust until now. Today
>I'll try again.
>
>Again I started with this howto, but just to get SMTP support, no POP or
>IMAP support is needed:
>
>http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html
>
>        edubuntu@edubuntu:~$ mv .folders .folders~
>        edubuntu@edubuntu:~$ gedit .folders
>        edubuntu@edubuntu:~$ cat ~/.folders
>        %inbox  "inbox"

If you don't want to use IMAP why do you add %inbox to your ~/.folders?
Check the manual for folder definitions!

>        +trash  "Trash"
>        +draft  "Drafts"
>        edubuntu@edubuntu:~$ cat ~/.emacs/.wl

Put your wanderlust config in ~/.wl. ~/.emacs should be a file not a
directory.

>        ;; wanderlust
>        (autoload 'wl "wl" "Wanderlust" t)
>        (autoload 'wl-other-frame "wl" "Wanderlust on new frame." t)
>        (autoload 'wl-draft "wl-draft" "Write draft with Wanderlust." t)
>
>        starttls-use-gnutls t
>        starttls-gnutls-program "gnutls-cli"
>        starttls-extra-arguments '("--insecure")

Again, this is wrong! setq's are missing. You want:

(setq starttls-use-gnutls t)

Check out wanderlust from cvs and build the documentation:

% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.m17n.org:/cvs/root login
(When asked for password just press enter)
% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.m17n.org:/cvs/root checkout wanderlust
% cd wanderlust/doc
% texi2pdf wl.texi
% epdfview wl.pdf