Re: How do I fix this problem: SMTP response error: 535

At Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:55:35 -0400,
M. Robinson wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         This is my first try installing wl, and here
> (http://imagebin.org/156897) is where I'm stuck; Any help would be
> appreciated.

Did you enable IMAP support for your Googlemail account? IIRC you have
to do so somewhere in the account settings page to be able to use
IMAP.

There is this article

http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html

Which describes a complete setup of WL for Googlemail.

Some other short note:

>    wl-local-domain "mr.m.robinson@gmail.com"  ;; put something here...

Not sure if this will work but you might better set wl-local-domain
just to "gmail.com".  This variable is used to create the Message-ID
email header (a unique header that identifies a particular
message). This email header is allowed only to contain one @ -- so

(setq wl-local-domain "mr.m.robinson@gmail.com")

might practically work but create invalid Message ID headers.

HTH,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6